Monday, October 12, 2009

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Classic horror...this fits here, right?

The music is horror movie music...
There are zombies...
There is a little girl zombie who eats her mother, blood dripping from her mouth...
There is a sad ending that may in fact be a social commentary...
and I was a little bored. In fact, had I not been simultaneously putting photos in my photo album, I might not have been able to watch the whole movie. It is definitely a movie to watch with someone, so you can say things like:
"I bet he'll slap the silly hysterical woman."
or "Did he really just say, 'Don't you know what's going on out there...this is no Sunday school picnic'?"
or "Are zombies really so scary when they move so slowly?"
or "Why bother to make the silly hysterical woman afraid of matches if they're not foreshadowing her turning into a zombie?"
or "Zombies, just get on with it! Storm the house already!"

Lesson learned: Without the Bennett sisters, the world is lost in the face of the living dead.

6 comments:

Ms. Q said...

I have nothing to say about this movie because I have not watched it and I will not watch it. Horror is not my thing.

However, I did not like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Fred Theilig said...

I fell asleep to it a couple days ago. You get weird dreams when you that. I think it would have held my interest had I not been so tired. But the movie, like the zombies, moved a little slow.

I like classic horror (pre 1960) but this is on the public domain, so I watched it. IMDB says the social commentary part of the show was purely unintentional.

Jessica said...

I'm not surprised the social commentary was unintentional... it seems like the theme was mostly "gross, slow moving zombies."

Amy, I know you will never see this, but no matter what the original intent of the movie-makers, I would put it in a very different category from real horror movies... more like Them, except not as endearing.

mismo said...

There's always Night of the Lepus (1972) in which blood thirsty, monster lapan invade a quiet farm and town. Duh, what's up doc?

Unknown said...

Hi,
This is a awesoem horror movie. I have enjoyed it more than 6 times.
I am also dreamed it like Fred Theilig. Very dangerous to remember it.
Have a nice time
bye
Watch Movies online

Unknown said...

What a movie this is! I have enjoyed "Night of the Living Dead" many days ago. but I can remember the every horror moment of the movie.
Best of luck to you
Dog Life Jackets