Thursday, July 19, 2007

Christmas in Connecticut (1945)

Tivo suggested this for me - and how right you are, Tivo!



Barbara Stanwyck plays a magazine editor who pretends to have a Martha-Stewart-esque family life on a farm in Connecticut.

Unfortunately, she gets called on to bring a war hero home for Christmas and is forced to fake the life she has been writing about for real. Hilarity ensues.

I haven't watched it in ages, but apparently I missed the beginning, because I don't remember it at all.

Okay - she actually borrows a baby for the purpose of the charade. Awesome!

Four stars (the last is just for being a holiday movie, my favorites!)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved this movie. This was a perfect dose of hilarity, and deserves to be watched every Christmas leading up to a viewing of "Holiday" on New Year's. Barbara Stanwyck was wonderful. Have I seen her in anything else?

Ms. Q said...

I think "Double Indemnity" (which I haven't seen since college) is the best known. But she was also in the Miracle Worker and Meet John Doe which are more obscure, but I've blogged them.